Last Revised Date: May 2020
1. Information We Collect.
When you use our Sites, we collect different types of information from and about you. This information includes:
- Identifiers: Information that identifies you directly.
- Examples: Full name, email address, and other information you provide to set up your online account with us, social media account information, phone number, date of birth, gender, billing and/or shipping information, your IP address, and other data that identifies your online activity.
- Commercial Information: Information about your purchase or use of our Sites or services.
- Examples: Your interactions with our website, if you subscribe to a service (like our daily numerology readings) or interact with our services as we grow.
- Online Activity: Some limited information about how you use the Internet.
- Examples: Browsing and/or search history related to the sites you visit before or after you visit our Sites, the type of operating system you’re using to connect, your interactions with our Sites or our advertisements.
- Geolocation Information: We do not ask for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile services. We may obtain geographic information based on your IP address.
- Financial Information: Information about your payment methods with us, if applicable.
- Inferences: Information we can determine or predict about you based on information we do know.
- Examples: Purchase preferences, characteristics, potential future purchase behavior.
- User-Generated Content: Information you share with us or post through our Sites or services.
- Examples: Comments or reviews about our Sites or services or other content you share with us.
We collect the information described above from different sources. Sometimes, we collect information from you directly, like when you create an account or use our services. Other times, we collect information from third parties. The following explains a little more about how we get this information.
- Information You Give Us. If you create an account, make a purchase, fill out a survey, sign up for emails, enter a contest, or review a product, you typically share your personal information with us. Sometimes, you can choose not to give us information. For example, you don’t have to sign up for emails. But other times, we’ll need your information to be able to provide you with the requested services.
- Information Automatically Collected.
- We may use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, or similar tracking technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information about visitors to our Sites and interactions with our emails and online advertisements, and to allow Minerva to keep track of analytics and certain statistical information, which enables Minerva to improve its Sites and provide you with more relevant content and advertising on our Sites and other sites. You may have options to change your browser settings to choose how we can collect some of this information.
- Combination of Information. We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Sites, as well as information collected from other online sources or from third party sources (including social networks that you use to connect with Minerva) to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Sites.
2. How We Use the Information.
We use identifiers, commercial information, online activity, geolocation information, user-generated content, and financial information we collect for a variety of business purposes, as discussed below.
We are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy of your information and will process your data only in accordance with a lawful basis under applicable data protection laws, such as if:
- We need to process your information to provide you with the products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing, modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and personalization of the service using data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders; and/or
- We are required to do this by law (for example, where it is necessary to retain it in connection with potential litigation).
Minerva may also use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Fulfilling your purchases;
- Responding to your requests or other forms of customer service;
- Fulfilling contests or sweepstakes;
- Improving our services or developing new ones; and/or
- Security or fraud prevention.
Minerva may also use your personal information for the following commercial purposes:
- Contacting you with offers and promotions;
- Marketing and advertising;
- For analytical and demographic purposes (for example to create audiences based on demographic or location-based information for marketing and customization purposes); and/or
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection;
Additionally, if you use the Sites to connect with third party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests.
3. How We Share Your Information.
We share the information we collect with different third parties for different purposes. We share identifiers, commercial information, and limited online activity with:
Advertising Partners. To provide you with relevant advertising or to limit the advertising you see.
We will only share your information in the following ways:
- if it is for the purpose(s) for which you provided the information;
- with your consent;
- with other persons or companies with whom we contract to carry out business, professional or technical support functions for us (e.g., service providers – see below); and/or
- with our affiliated companies, subsidiaries, or divisions.
We do not sell your personal information to unaffiliated third parties, and we do not sell any personal information of persons under 16 years of age.
Minerva may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties, including affiliated companies and non-affiliated companies, for their marketing or analytics uses.
4. Your Rights and Choices.
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of the Sites.
While any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by us. You may decline to share certain personal data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Sites or certain of our services. In circumstances where you have provided your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent.
If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact email@example.com.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures Certain parts of our Sites require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Sites or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents also have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. Minerva does not sell your information, as defined by California law.
An authorized agent can also submit a California rights request on your behalf, after submission of proof of authorization in accordance with California law.
5. Retention of Your Data
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to address outstanding account balances, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. International Transfers
Minerva is a global business and it, or its service providers, may process, transfer, and store information about our users on servers located in a number of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including in the United States. Since we are committed to protecting your information, we take steps to ensure that there are appropriate safeguards in place when we transfer that data.
7. How We Secure Your Information
Minerva is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we submit that information to the security offered, owned and provided by Paypal.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Sites, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may display personal testimonials of customers on our Sites in addition to ratings and other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
9. Third Party Content, Links, and Plug-ins
The Sites may offer you the ability to interact with social plugins from social media features, such as the Facebook Like and Share buttons, and other widgets and interactive mini programs that run on our Sites. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. As with linked sites, we have no control over the information that is collected, stored, or used by social network plugins, and are not responsible for the practices of such sites. In addition, we may receive certain information about you from a third-party social network if you choose to link to us or use certain social media features, based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services.
10. Send to a Friend
If you choose to use our referral function to tell a friend about our Sites, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Sites. Minerva stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
11. Children’s Privacy.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. Our Sites are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 16. Minerva does not knowingly collect or store personal information from anyone under the age of 16. Premium services may not be used by anyone under the age of 18. If you have concerns about our Sites or the services offered on our Sites, or if you believe that your child under 16 has gained access to our Sites, you may contact us at email@example.com.
13. How to Contact Us.
Minerva Jamison, LLC
17266 Maple Shadows Dr., Middletown, CA 95461